AccessData is presenting a webinar on 10 November at 2.00pm ET with the title eDiscovery, mobile devices and ESI: what every firm needs to know.
The reference to “firm” in the title implies that the target audience for the webinar is law firms. This is a good audience to aim at, because rather too many litigating lawyers seem quite unaware of the volume and potential value of data which sits on mobile devices in every pocket.
It is not just tablets and smartphones – Fitbits and other examples from the Internet of Things are busily collecting data which may not merely be discoverable in the formal sense but actually be the source of evidence which matters.
The webinar will cover:
- How prevalent mobile data collection is today
- What policies and procedures are in place to deal with mobile data
- Lawyer and firm attitudes around mobile data and BYOD
- Levels of concern around IoT
- Mobile device security and privacy policies