CGOC is the Compliance, Governance and Oversight Council which brings together more than 3,300 legal, IT, records and information management professionals from corporations and government agencies around the world.
On 11 December, it is running an event in London with the title Privacy, Security and Compliance: a global framework for information governance, sponsored by IBM and FTI Technology.
Session topics include:
- What’s Next for Data Transfers? The Fallout from the EU-US Safe Harbor Ruling
- UK Bribery Act and US FCPA – Proactive Monitoring for Compliance
- Steps to Reduce the Business Cost and Risks of a Breach
- How to Make Big Data More Manageable and Valuable
- Challenges in Managing Disparate Forms of Audio and Electronic Communications for the IG Program
I am the moderator for the data transfers panel with Gareth Evans of Gibson Dunn, Monika Tomczak-Gorlikowska, Data Privacy Legal Counsel at Shell, and Dana Post of Freshfields as my very high-powered panel.
The subjects are those which are at the top of every corporate agenda at the moment or, if they are not, they should be.